To assist State and Local Government organizations in the disposal of State records, the SRO has developed the following General Disposal Authorities for use by government organizations:
General Disposal Authority for State Government Information
- Available for State Government organizations, providing broad coverage for records common to State Government.
- Replaces the General Disposal Authorities for Administrative Records (RD 2003016); Human Resource Management Records (RD 2012004); and Financial and Accounting Records (RD 2005010).
The following resources are available to assist agencies implement the General Disposal Authority for State Government Information:
- Linking Table (PDF, 1,495 KB), providing cross referencing from the superseded General Disposal Authorities to the new authority
- SRO Guideline: Implementing a revised Disposal Authority: Resentencing records
General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records
- Available for Local Government organizations, providing broad coverage for records common to Local Government.
- Replaces RD 2010046.
Three Appendices are included at the rear of the PDF of the General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records, providing changes to retention periods and disposal actions; changes to reference numbers; and new entries.
(Please note: Appendices A and B updated on 28 July 2016)
For guidance regarding resentencing when implementing the General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records, see the SRO Guideline: Implementing a revised Disposal, Authority: Resentencing Records.
General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records - Presentation
SRO presentation, including notes, on the General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records (GDALG) and SRC Standards Update 2016 delivered to the Local Government Records Management Group meeting on 25 August 2016. Available to Local Government organizations to assist with the implementation of the revised GDALG and resentencing records, and to provide information on the updated SRC Standards and other publications.
General Disposal Authority for Source Records
- Available to State and Local Government organizations, providing for the legal destruction of source records that have been successfully digitized in accordance with the GDA and the Digitization Specification.
For queries about General Disposal Authorities please contact the SRO on ph. 9427 3664 or email email@example.com
General Retention and Disposal Authority for Administrative Records of National Bodies
Important: This GDA is to be used exclusively by National Bodies, not State and local government organizations.
National Bodies established under national schemes may be subject to the records and archives laws of multiple State and Territory jurisdictions.
The Council of Australasian Archives and Records Authorities (CAARA) have developed a General Retention and Disposal Authority for Administrative Records of National Bodies (the Authority) that allows commons sets of administrative records for all National Bodies established under the various national schemes to be disposed of in a consistent manner.
The Authority does not authorise the disposal of the functional or core business records of National Bodies.