The State Records Office (SRO) has implemented a suite of Sector Disposal Authorities (SDAs) across State Government. The SRO’s SDA program is designed to reduce the need for individual organizations to produce new agency-specific Retention and Disposal Schedules.
The following SDAs are currently available:
- SDA for Cemetery Boards (PDF, 292 KB), covering all Cemetery Boards in Western Australia. This revised SDA, approved by the State Records Commission on 24 October 2017, replaces SD 2012-026. A Linking Table, included as Appendix A, provides cross referencing from the superseded SDA to this SDA.
- SDA for Land Development Authorities (PDF, 225 KB), covering the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority, LandCorp and the Tamala Park Regional Council (Introduction and Scope amended December 2016).
- SDA for Mental Health Services (PDF, 143 KB), covering Mental Health Services agencies in Western Australia.
- SDA for Port Authorities (PDF, 436 KB), covering port authorities identified in Schedule 1 of the Port Authorities Act 1999. This amended SDA, approved by the State Records Commission on 10 August 2018, replaces SD 2017-008 and incorporates amendments to cover the recording of radio transmissions.
- SDA for Racing, Gaming, Wagering and Liquor Regulators (PDF, 173 KB) covers the core business records of each of the previous Department of Racing and Gaming and Racing and Wagering Western Australia. This SDA approved by the State Records Commission on 23 March 2018, replaces RD 2006021 (Racing and Wagering Western Australia); and RD 2007039 (Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor).
- SDA for Regional Development Commissions (PDF, 131 KB), covering all Regional Development Commissions in Western Australia.
- SDA for Reviews, Investigations and Special Inquiries (PDF, 112 KB), covering records created and received by a Review; an Investigation; or a Special Inquiry.
- SDA for University Student Guilds (PDF, 293 KB), covering all public University Student Guilds in Western Australia. This revised SDA, approved by the State Records Commission on 24 October 2017, replaces SD 2012-027. A Linking Table, included as Appendix A, provides cross referencing from the superseded SDA to this SDA.
- SDA for Water Services Corporations (PDF, 129 KB) covers the core business records of each of the Water Corporations (Perth, Busselton and Bunbury). This SDA approved by the State Records Commission on 23 March 2018, replaces RD 2004278, and amendments 2004278/1 and 2004278/2 (Water Corporation); RD 2003090 (Busselton Water Corporation / Busselton Water Board), and RD 2006004 (Bunbury Water Corporation / Bunbury Water Board).
The four public Universities in Western Australia - the University of Western Australia, Curtin University, Murdoch University and Edith Cowan University - have collaboratively developed the Western Australian University Sector Disposal Authority (PDF, 1.65 MB). This SDA was revised in 2013.
The eleven State Training Providers (formerly TAFE Colleges) have collaboratively developed the State Training Providers Sector Disposal Authority (PDF, 397 KB).
For queries about Sector Disposal Authorities please contact the SRO on 9427 3661 or email email@example.com